From: David Deakins (ddeakins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-21 11:51:12

I attached a small patch for libs\asio\test\ip\multicast.cpp that should
fix the last problems for asio on Mobile 5. It addresses two things:

- apparently WinCE will let you get the IP_MULTICAST_LOOP option, but
not set it. I updated the expected result of the get_option tests
appropriately.

- Although WinCE 5.0 support multicast group membership, it has a bug
that restricts the range of multicast addresses it can use:

    It appears to me that any group address which does not have 0's in
    the b and c positions of a.b.c.d will not work. Further, any
    address, even if b and c are zero, where d has bit 0 or 1 set doesn't
    seem to work, either. So a.0.0.4 works, but a.0.0.5 does not and
    neither does a.0.0.6. Strange bug...

(See microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development under topic 'Multicast
and WinCE')

As a result, I've changed the v4 multicast address from 239.255.0.1 to
239.0.0.4 as long as that does not cause any problems.

Thanks,
-Dave