From: Spencer Collyer (spencer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-25 06:57:30

(Apologies for the late reply on this, I'm seriously behind on my Boost
ML reading :)

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 11:02:39 +0300, John Torjo wrote:
> A logged message can have an associated Log Level. By default we have
> these levels:
>
> info (smallest level),
> warning ,
> debug ,
> error ,
> fatal (highest level)
>
> Depending on which level is enabled for your application, some
> messages will reach the log: those messages having at least that
> level. For instance, if info level is enabled, all logged messages
> will reach the log. If warning level is enabled, all messages are
> logged, but the warnings. If debug level is enabled, messages that
> have levels debug, error, fatal will be logged.

It might seem a minor point, but to me the ordering between info,
warning, and debug is the wrong way around. In fact, I would say that
debug should be the lowest level, followed by info, then warning.
Reason being I would only want to see debug messages when I actually
need to debug the program, but info messages and (more importantly)
warnings should be producable in production releases.

Spencer

--
<<< Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines >>>
11:54am up 18 days 15:59, 18 users, load average: 0.50, 0.41, 0.37