From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-29 20:55:33

Phil Endecott wrote:

> I'm not aware of a way to set the stack size for a new thread in either
> Boost.Thread or the proposed std::thread. Is this something that
> should be considered?
>
> It seems that on my 32-bit Linux box I get 8 MByte stacks by default.

I can't find a way to specify it in the pthread API.
Since those are kernel threads, which are handled the same way as
processes on linux, I suppose the same values as processes is used.
The stack starts at 8 MB and can grow indefinitely as needed. (I don't
think it is ever freed btw)

If we used user threads, we could have full controls over those things.