From: Juergen Hunold (juergen.hunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-01 11:56:25

Hi Dave !

On Samstag 01 Dezember 2007, David Abrahams wrote:
> on Sat Dec 01 2007, Juergen Hunold <juergen.hunold-AT-ivembh.de>
wrote:
> > Question: Ok to commit ?
>
> Please do.

Well, I'll ask again because ...

> Well, that's pretty interesting. It would be better if your patch
> would also introduce *something* in one of the tests that triggers
> the warning, if not a whole new test unto itself.

Those warning are the results of a higher compiler warning level. We
use -Wextra to catch those unused parameters. Adding this flag to the
requirements of the Boost.Python testsuite flagged the warning in a
_lot_ of tests. And it discovered much more unused parameters.
"unused_python.diff" contains a patch which removes those and
adds "-Wextra" to the gcc compiler flags.
I don't now if gcc versions < 4.x support this, older versions might
only support the less descriptive "-W" option.

And I have "fixed" those annoying warnings about missing virtual
destructors, too.
Please find "virtual_destructor.diff" attached.

Ok to commit ?

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold       ! Ingenieurgesellschaft für
* voice: ++49 511 262926 57       ! Verkehrs- und Eisenbahnwesen mbH