From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-01 20:07:19

In Boostbook in the getting started documentation, the download for
xsltproc for Windows without Cygwin lists the link
http://www.meta-comm.com/engineering/boost/xsltproc-win32.zip . While
this does get one a zip file including xsltproc.exe and DLLs needed by
it, the implementation which it has is buggy.

The implementation includes the files xsltproc.exe, iconv.dll,
libexslt.dll, libxml2.dll, libxslt.dll, and zlib1.dll.

The latest versions of these in the appropriate distributions for
Windows fix the bugs in the distribution above. The distribution above
should be replaced by the appropriate files from the latest versions for
iconv, libxml2, libxslt, and zlib. The latest versions of these
individual distributions can be retrieved from
http://www.zlatkovic.com/pub/libxml/ .

Keeping the buggy version at the metacomm site simply means that other
programmers hoping to use xsltproc to build Boost documentation in
Boostbook and Quickbook format will just fail intermittently with the
buggy version. To whomever is in charge of updating the
xsltproc-win32.zip in the link above, I will be glad to send via e-mail
the xsltproc-win32.zip which works correctly to replace the buggy
version or, if given an ftp address with write access, I will be glad to
upload the correct version, which contains the latest files.