From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-02 11:29:33

Eric Niebler wrote:
> Beman Dawes wrote:
>> Because I always want all my trunk changes merged into branches/release,
>> I'm not using svnmerge.py, and am doing a tree-to-tree rather than
>> revsion-to-revision merge.
>
> I thought we all agreed to use svnmerge.py. Am I mistaken?

Some folks think we should all be using it, but there isn't general
agreement AFAIK. I'm personally not interested in learning a new tool
that is due soon for replacement by regular Subversion. I'm
concentrating on trying to learn more about the regular Subversion features.

> And I don't
> want to merge all my changes from head into the release branch, just
> those two revisions. Is there no procedure for that?

I'd be surprised if svnmerge.py didn't support that, but I'm not
familiar with how it works.

Have you tried it with regular svn merge? Once you get regular svn merge
doing exactly what you want, presumably svnmerge.py would use a very
similar set of arguments.

--Beman