From: Jurko Gospodnetiæ (jurko.gospodnetic_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-05 09:27:14

   Hi.

   HP-UX system header '/usr/include/machine/reg.h' found on pa-risc
HP-UX 11.11 defines R1, R2, R3, etc. macros which conflict with some
boost headers.

   Conflicting headers found in Boost 1.34.1. are
'boost/iterator/iterator_facade.hpp' (several template parameter names)
and 'boost/test/test_tools.hpp' (one local variable name). We have not
checked the current trunk/1.35 release branches.

   Could these and any other conflicting files be updated to not use
these identifier names? Such changes should be trivial renames.

   Also, most likely some Boost coding convention documentation should
be updated to reference this.

   We ran into this problem when looking into porting the Boost ASIO
library to HP-UX and working around this problem will be necessary in
order to get this port working.

   Note though that newer HP-UX releases do not have this problem
(tested on HP-UX ai64 11.23)

   Hope this helps.

   Best regards,
     Jurko Gospodnetiæ