From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-06 08:49:28

on Wed Dec 05 2007, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>> I am planning to remove the "To Be Determined" milestone since we now
>> have a 1.36.0 milestone to which things can be assigned. Please let
>> me know if there are strong objections.
>
> OK, I object. I'm fine with moving the appropriate tickets to 1.36.0.
> But not all tickets correspond to a Boost release, past, present, or future.

Like what? If such tasks do exist, then we should create a milestone
for what they _do_ correspond to. "To be determined" adds nothing,
and if there isn't a thing with a deadline attached to it, there's no
incentive to deal with them. If dealing with the ticket means
deferring to an even later deadline, that's fine.

This is basic task management, in my opinion: there should be no
"things to do" without a target by which they should be done or at
least reviewed and deferred, and when it becomes clear that a "thing
to do" won't actually ever be done, its ticket should be closed to
avoid cluttering the mind-space of people working on real milestones.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting