From: Ben Bear (benbearchen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-06 11:27:16

Herve: The proposal is very good :-) You are the principal author.
Why not? I didn't write any words. I'll post my affiliation to you.

I'll read the proposal and your codes. And I have much more test ideas.

2007/12/6, Hervé Brönnimann <hervebronnimann_at_[hidden]>:
> Dear Ben: It's been a long day, I started at 10:30pm after just
> putting my kids to bed (they were still up :(... ). It was the same
> last night except I didn't have the energy to start working on the
> proposal... Time is so short...
>
> I just updated it, with the following links:
>
> http://photon.poly.edu/~hbr/boost/combinations.html
> http://photon.poly.edu/~hbr/boost/combination.hpp
> http://photon.poly.edu/~hbr/boost/combination_ex.cpp
> http://photon.poly.edu/~hbr/boost/combination_test.cpp
>
> Most importantly (and there can be typos in other pages, but this one
> I've tried to get as clean as possible):
>
> http://photon.poly.edu/~hbr/boost/combination.pdf
>
> is a draft of a proposal for C++0x (if it's not too late, I'm really
> not sure). I think all the algorithms are worth standardizing, but
> maybe they'll only consider next/prev_partial_permutation, and next/
> prev_combination. That'd be already a good step forward.

You are right. Should we give up the repetition functions? So it'll
be easy? The repetition functions are unusual.