From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-06 18:19:53

Eric Niebler wrote:
> Rene Rivera wrote:
>> Eric Niebler wrote:
>>> Was it because
>>> release was branched from RC_1_34_0 and not trunk?
>> Perhaps. I'm personally sticking to using whole tree merging now that
>> Volodya showed me how to do those.
>
> What's that? Link please!

Essentially I'm only interested in doing what I call a copy-replace
operation. That is to make the tree in the release branch, look exactly
like the tree in the trunk. To do it you can:

   cd branches/release/<some-sub-tree>
   svn merge https://.../.../branches/release/>
https://.../.../trunk/>

Which will do the diff between the two states and apply the changes to
the CWD you are on, which is also one of the states. In my case I do it
with TortoiseSVN. With the first URL being the "from" and the second the
  "to", and both marked with the "HEAD" revisions (which is not the
default for the tsvn merge dialog).

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything