From: Jason Roelofs (jameskilton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-09 15:42:47

Hey all,

So after many hours of research, attempts at wrapping up code with SWIG and
what not, I've decided to attempt taking the ideas from Boost.Python and
luabind and make a Ruby version. I know about the Langbinding project, but
as there is very little there, details are scarce and I haven't received a
response for a post I made there, I'm going to go my own way. When (if)
Langbinding picks up again I'll definitely look at offering help to building
a Ruby backend, but until then I might as well just build Boost.Ruby to
learn what's needed.

That said, is there anyone here who's started a similar project, or knows of
one? I've done searching through this list, and through the general web and
have found nothing. This will be my first time really using Boost and I look
forward to both learning about and hopefully contributing to this excellent
library.

Also, if there is any recommended reading, or lessons learned that I should
read (that isn't easily accessible through Boost documentation), I'd also
appreciate that.

Jason Roelofs