From: Chris Hamilton (chamilton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-10 14:44:08

Hello all,

I've been using the serialization library for a while now. Because of
the run-time module loading aspect of our project, serialization has to
be available through virtual functions and we do this by wrapping calls
to boost serialization using poylmorphic archive types. In general,
this has worked well.

We'd like to start using the 1.35 branch because we want access to
Boost.mpi as well. Rebuilding the code against 1.35 works fine and
doesn't require any changes. However, as soon as we try running any
code, we get the following missing symbol problem (this is happening
when run-time loading a library that links against boost_serialization):

undefined symbol:
_ZN5boost7archive6detail27archive_pointer_iserializerINS0_27polymorphic_binary_iarchiveEEC2ERKNS_13serialization18extended_type_infoE

Any ideas on what could be going on here? I'm running revision 41959
built with GCC 3.4.

Regards,

Chris Hamilton