From: Jeremy Bruestle (jeremy.bruestle_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-11 14:25:30

Sounds like you've got a number of good things brewing. I wrote up the beta
distribution mostly out of necessity for a machine learning project I'm
working on (I needed a fast NVIDIA GPU implementation, so I figured I might
as well write the boost c++ one too, since I was using boost for all the
other psudorandom numbers already). I was wondering if you would be
interested in taking the code and bundling it with the other distributions
you've already got, as it sounds like your testing capabilities are better.
As far as testing, I've only done the basics, but things seem alright, with
the possible concern that the range is 0 <= x <= 1 as opposed to 0 < x < 1,
due to limited precision of floating point, esp when for example a is near 0
and b is very large. It's not a problem for my application, but perhaps
someone who knows the IEEE floating point rules better than I could suggest
a fix. At any rate, I'll email you a copy.

-Jeremy