From: Thorsten Ottosen (thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-13 10:58:58

Gennadiy Rozental skrev:
> "Thorsten Ottosen" <thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> Neil Groves skrev:
>>> Thorsten,
>>>
>>> I have been looking into this a little more and have discovered that
>>> there
>>> is also a --auto_start_dbg option. That might do exactly what you asked
>>> for.
>> I think it might be. I could run this from the command line, and also
>> with the run-command in bjam, but not with the unit-test rule.
>> (In fact, the document pages that explains this is empty).
>
> Now I am confised. You mean you can;t make Boost.Build pass the command line
> argument to your test module, right?
>
> Boost.Build list might be a better place to get a help with this.

I can try that. Have you ever passed arguments to Boost.Test's unit-test
framework with Boost.Build? AFAICT, it is not possible to give these
arguments to the "unit-test" rule.

> Please let me know, if you still expirience any problemms with Boost.Test

I have played a little with the assertions also. I found that
doing

#if (BOOST_MSVC >= 1400)
#include <crtdbg.h>
#endif

#if (BOOST_MSVC >= 1400)
#define DEZIDE_ASSERT _ASSERT
#else
#define DEZIDE_ASSERT BOOST_ASSERT
#endif

also improves the situation quite a bit. With the normal BOOST_ASSERT(),
   the program would not break immediately at the point of the
assertion, which was a major annoyance to me.

Perhaps we should consider upgrading BOOST_ASSERT?

-Thorsten