From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-13 17:06:14

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Thorsten Ottosen <thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Jueves, Diciembre 13, 2007 9:55 pm
Asunto: [boost] [flyweight] some minor comments
Para: boost_at_[hidden]

> Hi Joaquín,
>
> Your docs looks real nice.

Thank you! I hope you can participate in the upcoming
review.

> But I have the following suggestion:
>
> - make it possible to use boost::flyweight<T> without the use of
> factories. The number of elements I want to create is fairly low,
> and so does not justify having a seperate container "flying" around.

I'n not sure how flyweight could possibly work without a
factory to keep the common values. Can you elaborate the
scenario you have in mind?

> PS: what a shame we can't overload operator.() in C++

A pity indeed. Stroustrup discusses the matter in his "The
Design and Evolution of C++" and he himself does not
have a strong opinion against/in favor of such feature.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo