From: Jens Seidel (jensseidel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-14 10:58:15

On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 03:33:58PM +0000, Daniel James wrote:
> On 14/12/2007, Jens Seidel <jensseidel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> > OK, it is now fixed. But I did not get any mail about it (at least for
> > this bug report). I miss also your last comment ("Previous fix was
> > incomplete") and why didn't you get a mail about my initial bug report
> > (or did you recieve it?).
> >
> > Is there a problem with trac and mails?
>
> As far as I can tell, trac doesn't mail changes caused by subversion commits.

Right. But I expect to get a mail once a comment was added or the bug
gets closed.

I do get such mails for some bugs but not for all (yes, I checked my
spam folder). Also some maintainers (and also John) wrote that they
didn't know about a new bug report.

I once was also forced to open a bug report about trac as it considered
some of my patches as SPAM and rejected these. So there are definitevly
some issues.

The biggest problem I see is that it is impossible to search for own
bugs (at least without registration which is <quote>normally granted to
maintainers and authors of prospective (“sandbox”) and accepted Boost
libraries, people working on the Boost website, and people contributing
significant content to this Wiki.</quote>), especially once they are
closed as they are not well handled on
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/report (only one item shows also closed
ones).

You can also not list the submitter of a bug, only the owner ...

Jens