From: Richard Webb (richard.webb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-15 06:48:43

JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z <joaquin <at> tid.es> writes:

> I'm able to reproduce the behavior you describe and don't
> have any explanation for it either. But note one thing: the warnings
> I've got in the second scenario are all C4267 (conversion from
> size_t to const unsigned int, possible loss of data), which you
> are not explicitly silencing. If you add the corersponding pragma
> warning(disable: 4267) at boost/math/policies/error_handling.hpp,
> compile is clean then in the second scenario as well.
>
> Just my 2 cents,
>
> Joaquín M López Muñoz
> Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo

I get the same as Joaquín, though only if i compile with the "detect 64-bit
portability issues" option turned on.

In case it's of any interest, i notice that adding a

        boost::format formatter("%d");
        formatter % 42;

into the second case causes a bunch of the warnings to disappear, and a

boost\spirit\utility\impl\chset\range_run.ipp(69) : warning C4267: '=' :
conversion from 'size_t' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data

to appear instead.