From: Steven Watanabe (steven_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-15 12:13:07

AMDG

Noah Roberts <roberts.noah <at> gmail.com> writes:

> It would appear that there's something wrong with this macro. I've
> looked at it and I'm not sure how it happens...
>
> <snip>
>
> What was the problem with static variables that necessitates a
> BOOST_UNITS_STATIC_CONSTANT?

A static variable will be different in every translation
unit. That can cause a technical ODR violation.

> I'm using the mcs units from the vault, has this problem been fixed or
> even noticed before? Is there a report of changes to mcs that I can view?

It hasn't been noticed before. I'm pretty sure it's a compiler bug.
I'll try to fix it today.
You can view the current version at
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/sandbox/units
or svn checkout http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/units