From: Anthony Williams (anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-17 09:59:15

Andrey Semashev <andysem_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> We could just have boost::thread_move become a documented public interface, and
>> have the type remain in boost::detail (since it *is* an implementation detail).
>
> Actually, I used it to move locks, which don't have a move member. I
> worked around this issue by using defer_lock_t and swap but it looks
> clumsy and I would surely prefer using move in such cases.

I have removed detail::thread_move(). Instead, I've added boost::move
overloads for the movable types in boost.thread: thread, unique_lock<>,
shared_lock<>, upgrade_lock<>. Since these overloads take specific parameter
types, they shouldn't cause the problems that the unconstrained template
caused before.

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams