From: Michael Fawcett (michael.fawcett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-19 15:48:27

On Dec 19, 2007 3:33 PM, Ion Gaztañaga <igaztanaga_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> The Unordered library submitted by Daniel James has been *accepted* into
> Boost. Thanks to all reviewers and all who contributed to the library
> before the review.

Congrats, Daniel! This is excellent news. I wish I had had more time
to participate, but in the end the result was what I was hoping for.
:)

> In particular, Visual C++ *still* does not ship with TR1 ("no plans
> until 2009" was the rumour I found), so anyone wanting to ship portable
> code is relying on Boost. And, at least for me, unordered_map is the
> single most useful library in TR1.

The most recent "rumor" I've found was this:

http://herbsutter.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!2D4327CC297151BB!364.entry

which mentions first half of 2008.

--Michael Fawcett