From: shunsuke (pstade.mb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-26 20:16:41

Kirit Sælensminde wrote:
>> Let's have more FP in C++! :-)
>
> I've got to agree. The egg library looks like an incredible bit of work.
> I'd love to see this in Boost too.

If boosters think so, I could prepare it for review.
It seems to take more time, though.
BTW, I'm tempted to rename Egg to Boost.Functor.

> I for one though do find it confusing when there is overlap between
> libraries because normally the documentation of the libraries don't
> discus each other's strengths and weaknesses and why you might want to
> choose one over the other.
>
> That isn't to say that there shouldn't be overlap between libraries, but
> it would be nice if the documentation of the libraries cross tied a bit
> more.

I think this confusion sometimes comes from the fact that
libraries don't define Concept names.
"A FunctionObject that can be used with boost::bind" is not good. :-)

Regards,

--
Shunsuke Sogame