From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-27 08:49:26

Giovanni Piero Deretta wrote:

> There was a project to unify Boost.Bind and Boost.Phoenix which I do

Correction: Boost.Lambda and Phoenix.

> not know if it is still active nor at which stage it is. As there is a

It will happen :) It's just that my priority now is Spirit2
release.

> big overlap between Egg and Phoenix, Egg should integrate seamlessy
> with both libraries. Or maybe the easiest way would be to simply
> replace Phoenix (not a first class boost library).

Egg and Forward are more like building blocks. There's
overlap, sure, but only at the core. Anyway, once I finally
get the lambda merger going, I'd love to leverage more core
libraries like Forward (and possibly even Egg). Then, Phoenix
will give way to the new Lambda.

> Happy holidays,

You too :-)

Regards,