From: Sohail Somani (sohail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-28 15:38:17

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 21:17:06 +0100, Kesseli Pascal wrote:

> *sigh*, as if I hadn’t known it, that program too fails at the very same
> assertion, „basic_iarchive.cpp“ at line 390. Uncommenting that line, of
> course, does no good either and leaves me with another segmentation
> fault:

It is good that there is an isolated test case. At the worst, you can use
raw pointers and stuff them into shared pointers on the other side so
long as you aren't depending on the reference counts actually matching.

[snip]
> What’s wrong with my compiler anyway? Or with the class ids it
> generates?

I'm not sure, I never managed to get that far. But see
Robert's reply http://lists.boost.org/boost-users/2007/03/26630.php for a
possible starting point. Although I don't know much about the internals,
I can be a cheerleader.

Go Kesseli go! :-)

--
Sohail Somani