From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-04 09:35:04

Peter Dimov wrote:
> Beman Dawes:
>
>> If there are folks who do care, perhaps they could suggest a plan to
>> eliminate the failures, or at least shed light on why so many tests are
>> failing.
>
> Most failures seem caused by the standard library which for some reason
> fails on code like
>
> #include <algorithm>
>
> int main()
> {
> char a[ 10 ], b[ 10 ];
> std::copy( a, a + 10, b );
> }
>
> I don't have the compiler here to verify that the above fails,

It fails for me, as well as several others.

Would you (and any other Boost developers who want to comment) be more
inclined to test regularly with the Intel compiler and report bugs to
them if we could get you a license?

> but if it
> does, we probably need to submit it to Intel and Dinkumware and see what
> they have to say about it.

I've emailed a contact at Intel. If the past is any indication, they
will fix the problem, but probably later rather than sooner.

Thanks for reducing this to a simple test case!

--Beman