From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-04 12:52:19

Paul Baxter wrote:
>> Intel-win seems to have a significant bug around partial function template
>> ordering.
>> A possible workaround is:
>>
>> #define _SECURE_SCL 0
>
> Works fine in v10.0.25 win32 with this added at the top of the file
>
> Will try with a newer Windows/Linux version tomorrow if possible, to see if
> this bug has gone away in v10.1

Jennifer Jiang at Intel has tried Peter's test program with their latest
nightly build, and it is still failing. She has forwarded the test to
their front-end engineers.

Since we probably want to apply a fix that works with current compilers
in the field, we probably want to do something like this:

#if defined(BOOST_INTEL) && defined(BOOST_DINKUMWARE_STDLIB)
# define _SECURE_SCL 0
#endif

This should be applied to test programs, not to headers files. If it
were applied to header files (or added to the bjam toolset for Intel),
it would affect user code. Some users might actually want the Microsoft
mandated checking for their own code.

Comments?

--Beman