From: Anteru (newsgroups_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-05 13:33:57

Sean Huang schrieb:
> always link to MSVC compiled boost libraries. My opinion is to either patch
> the code (what we did) or leave it alone and let user deal with it. I do not
> think it is such a bad idea running regression intel tests with _SECURE_SCL
> defined. The important thing is that the macro needs to be defined
> consistently.

Well, the problem is a new user will expect that he can just link
against a boost library from MSVC for example and freely switch between
the Intel and Microsoft Compiler -- which is clearly not possible if
Intel-generated libraries require the use of _SECURE_SCL=0. Even with
clear documentation, lots of people will run into this, as -- for the
better or worse -- _SECURE_SCL=1 by default.

The best is to report this to Intel/Dinkumware, and let them sort it out
as it affects basically every user who has the bought the Intel Compiler
for MSVC -- which has been done already IIRC.

Cheers,
  Anteru