From: Alexei Alexandrov (alexei.alexandrov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-26 14:02:59

Beman Dawes wrote:
> Alexei Alexandrov wrote:
>>
>> So is this information enough? This issue is a real showstopper for me
>> since it doesn't seem to be possible to use wpath on Linux correctly on
>> systems where locale is not UTF-8!
>
> What version of Boost are you using?

Ah, sorry again for not providing these details - I'm using
boost.filesystem from 1.34.1 release.

I also ran the failing use case under valgrind - it showed a number of
"conditional jumps on uninitialized value" somewhere deep under
libstdc++ and also a couple of "4 bytes uninitialized read". I don't
know if it's related to the problem though - I was just trying to do
what I can.

The problem is rather serious for me - I'm ready to do whatever it's
needed to help the boost.filesystem maintainer (is it you?) investigate
and fix the problem.

--
Alexei Alexandrov