From: Theodore Papadopoulo (Theodore.Papadopoulo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-29 19:17:27

Barend Gehrels wrote:
> Herewith the URL to the preview of Geodan's Geometry Library, including
> documentation and some examples.
>
> There are still implementation issues and algorithmic details to be
> figured out or to be implemented. This is a preview and not yet a real
> submission. However I think that the community will get a feeling how it
> works and/or should work.
>
> The URL with documentation is here:
> http://geometrylibrary.geodan.nl/geometry.html and sources can be
> downloaded from that webpage.

I just had a glance on the library. One thing that strikes me is its 2D
perspective, which
is not reflected in the names. I would at least call the namespace
geometry2d or the
classes point2d .... It really seems awkward to use the generic names
for the specific
2D case. That being said, from my point of view any geometry basic layer
(ie basic
representation not the sophisticated algorithms) should be as dimension
agnostic as possible...
but I may be biased.

    Regards,

       Theo.