From: Milosz Marian Hulboj (mhulboj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-31 02:28:16

On Wednesday 30 January 2008, Neal Becker wrote:
> I don't think that helps. How can I specify apriori the number of bins and
> the min and max? AFAICT, the above would let me do this by forcing in some
> fake data, that has the effect of filling the cache and thus setting
> num_bins, min, max, but is has the side effect of causing that data to
> effect the histogram - which is not what I need.
>
> Unless I misunderstand, we need another (simpler) class "histogram" that
> implements just this simpler behavior. Perhaps density could be build on
> top of it?

Hello,

It happens that I needed a similar solution. I didn't have much time and am
not an expert in mpl, but I've created a rough hack from density.hpp that
seems to work...
And I think that this is a very useful feature, because otherwise I would
have to do the hack with setting the cache to 2 and injecting 2 dummy
samples with the bounds...

Sending again, as during the night I sent from the wrong address and got a bounce.

Milosz