From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-31 16:10:17

Following up on my own mail...

Stefan Seefeld wrote:

> I'm not sure where the -lpthread needs to be added (I added it manually
> to the link command and it succeeded), or in fact, why wave links to
> boost_thread at all. It doesn't use threads underneath, or does it ?

It turns out the dependency on boost_thread is dragged in by
boost.spirit. (I modified the subject line to reflect this.)

I'm not sure in what way boost_thread is used there, but I would hope
that the decision to use threads (and boost_thread) could be left to the
library's user. Only pay for what you really use, or so the saying goes...

Is it possible to modify the config logic to have some users only use
the subset of boost.spirit that doesn't require boost_thread ?

(I'm writing a preprocessor and I do not want to use threads, so why
would I have to link with boost_thread and pthread ?)

Thanks,
                Stefan