From: Sebastian Redl (sebastian.redl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-02 05:37:29

Marshall Clow wrote:
> I am in need of a library to parse/encode/decode URLs.
> A quick look through the boost tree doesn't yield any obvious candidates.
>
> Before I dive into writing my own, does anyone have any
> pointers/recommendations?

URLs are too complex for normal regular expressions to take apart in one
step. So you basically have a choice between Spirit or Xpressive to
build a complex parser, or you go over the thing in multiple passes
using Regex, String_Algo and perhaps even Tokenizer.

Boost does not have an URL parsing library in its own right. Although,
perhaps the networking protocol sandbox project has something.

Sebastian Redl