From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-06 13:39:42

on Wed Feb 06 2008, Jared McIntyre <jmcintyre-AT-dfsoftware.com> wrote:

> David Abrahams <dave <at> boost-consulting.com> writes:
>
>> on Tue Feb 05 2008, Jared McIntyre <jmcintyre-AT-dfsoftware.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I just got off the phone with Dolce, and they said there are no rooms
>> > available in the reserved block for the conference.
>>
>> That doesn't mean they're sold out; it just means they sold the very
>> small number of rooms we had reserved. I'm doing what I can to get them
>> to effectively expand the room block.
>
> Thanks for looking into it Dave. They seemed pretty sure on the phone
> that there weren't any rooms available even outside the block, but I'm
> crossing my fingers that there is hidden flexibility somewhere
> (especially since you have more direct contacts).

I've confirmed that there are still rooms available. If you call
outside the Meadows' regular business hours, though, you may get a false
report that they are sold out. The most reliable way to register for a
room at the Meadows is by email or fax, but if you want to do it by
phone, call between 9 and 5 Mountain Daylight Time.

I've just updated http://localhost:8000/location/lodging#reservations
with a note to that effect.

> If not, is there any possibility of getting a block elsewhere?

We could, but

a) Someone would have to take the time to do it :-)

b) No place is as close to the venue, and most are not as nice

c) Before the rooms are actually gone, it would probably undercut our
   goodwill with the people at Aspen Meadows, who are actually bending
   over backward to make BoostCon work out there.

Cheers,

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting