From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-09 05:05:37

On 08/02/2008, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> The problem isn't the "small amount of initial effort". Rather, it is
> that important part of the web site content can only be updated right
> now by a very few people. For example, here is the section of the home
> page that reports "News":
>
> [snip]
>
> I suppose if you understand PHP then this is crystal clear.

I've added entries to a feed without reading a line of PHP.

> But I don't,
> so will have to use SVN blame to see who wrote this, get them to add a
> comment pointing to some documentation on how to add/update the news
> items,

The documentation is at:

http://beta.boost.org/development/website_updating.html#Feeds

I'll go through the site and add appropriate comments. You wouldn't
need to use SVN blame - an email to a mailing list would be enough.

> then cross my fingers hoping it really just does involve HTML
> that I can edit with my trusty old HTML editor or maybe my shinny new
> HTML editor.

The entries are written in quickbook. Which is really easy to pick up.

Daniel