From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-10 08:11:42

John Torjo skrev:
> I'm a Windows kind of guy ;) When I'll have a decent debugger on Linux
> (gdb on a scale from 1 to 10 , gets 1; ddd on a scale from 1 to 10, gets
> 3.5), I might consider having a dual boot.
> Until then...
Well download one, it is free :-)

Has anybody on the list tried the SunStudio support for Linux on x86 and
its tools support for GCC in addition to Sun CC? I know the dbx
debugger to be very good, in many areas it used to be far superior to MS
VisualStudio's debugger. The GUI was not as nice as VisualStudio but
far better than DDD. Now Sun provide compiler and tools for free if you
join SDN (also free I think). GUI is now Net.Beans (free again) which
looks very nice, I have not tried it.

http://developers.sun.com/sunstudio/downloads/index.jsp

--
Bjørn