From: Bruno Lalande (bruno.lalande_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-20 17:05:41

Hello,

Here is the documentation updated regarding the requests made above. Error
handling customization is now explained with an example. I describe a call
with a user_error policy, and also the use of the
BOOST_MATH_OVERFLOW_ERROR_POLICY macro. However, I don't show any example of
use of a try/catch block with the default call, because using try/catch is a
widely known C++ practice so I assume that the user knows what he has to do
when I say "by default a std::overflow_error is thrown". Do you think such a
trivial example should be present anyway?

By the way, there is a slight error in this page:
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/libs/math/doc/sf_and_dist/html/math_toolkit/policy/pol_tutorial/user_def_err_pol.html
The first line of the first code section opens the namespace "policy"
instead of "policies".

Let me know if there's anything to modify again.

What about the possibility of allowing a return type compatible with
Boost.Units and/or possibly integral ? I see 3 solutions:
- a return type policy in second template argument (with the current one as
default)
- a completely different function name
- nothing at all (stick to the standard and nothing else)

Regards
Bruno