From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-03 15:15:08

On Mar 3, 2008, at 3:01 PM, Loïc Joly wrote:

> Doug Gregor a écrit :
>> A project idea: "porting" Boost to C++0x, providing alternative (=
>> better, simpler, faster, etc) implementations of core Boost libraries
>> by making use of C++0x features like variadic templates, rvalue
>> references, and decltype.
>>

> I think it would be a wonderful idea, but do you think that the
> language
> itself, and the available compilers, are stable enough to allow for
> such
> an operation now ?

GCC 4.3 should be released in a few weeks, with decent support for
those features. So, I think we can get started exercising those
features in Boost, both to help squish the bugs in GCC and to entice
other compiler vendors to start supporting these features.

> Is that why you omit concepts in your feature list ?

Yes. ConceptGCC is buggy enough to prevent serious implementations of
Boost at this time, and I'm most interested in getting the best use
out of the C++0x features we have in released (or soon-to-be-released)
compilers.

        - Doug