From: Martin Bonner (Martin.Bonner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-05 06:14:02

On 03/04/08 11:28, John Maddock wrote:
>> By way of experiment I've generated the same equation at various DPI
>> sizes here: http://tinyurl.com/23d74q
>>
>> I'd be interested in feedback on which is the best size to use in
>> HTML docs

120 dpi is the first one for me where the superscripts aren't fuzzy.
(Interestingly, 120 dpi is my screen resolution).

96 dpi is readable, but I have to look carefully.

72dpi is only acceptable as an aide-memoire when I know what it says
already.

150 dpi is beautifully clear, but uses acres of screen space. It would
be OK for small equations or where there is only one (or a very few)
equations on a page (ie detailed explanation of a single function in the
maths library).

I think 110dpi is probably the best compromise in general.

Before acting on the following comment, please bear in mind that I am
not a mathemetician, and have no experience with the particular
equation. Having said that, I think brackets around the exponents of x
and (v2/(v2+v1x)) [read v as 'nu'] would make the equation clearer.

--
Martin Bonner
Senior Software Engineer/Team Leader