From: Jonathan Franklin (franklin.jonathan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-05 11:52:29

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 7:49 AM, Douglas Gregor <doug.gregor_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Why does everyone dislike throwing an exception
> to terminate the search?

I imagine that most people view using exceptions for control flow as being
akin to using "goto".
;-)

Under normal circumstances, they're probably right. However with deep
nesting or recursion, I'm not so sure. Throwing certainly seems to offer an
extremely simple way to do it.

I bet if someone went ahead and benchmarked
> the two options, the exception would be faster for graphs of non-
> trivial size.

I would be extremely interested in seeing any benchmark results.

Jon