From: Hervé Brönnimann (hervebronnimann_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-09 20:44:09

Yes we did. The student (Huseyin Akcan) fell sick in early August
and could not finish the project, so we left it at that until he
graduated. He now has finished his PhD and is back on an assistant
professor position in Izmir, Turkey, and we hope to complete the
project (in our timeframe).

As for interval range trees or kd trees, they've long been available
(generic form) in the CGAL library. They're not hard to implement
esp. if you do it inplace:

http://photon.poly.edu/~hbr/publi/ilya-thesis/doc/geometry/
static__kd__tree_8hpp.html
http://photon.poly.edu/~hbr/publi/ilya-thesis/doc/geometry/
dynamic__kd__tree_8hpp.html

I'm sorry I never worked on the release of the code after Ilya
finished his MS Thesis. But let me know what you think of the
interface and the code...

--
Hervé Brönnimann
hervebronnimann_at_[hidden]