From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-11 11:40:36

I tried MSVC8 and was able to go small steps forward. Basically, I was
able to compile all header files, albeit explicitely setting /Zm1000.
Which is fine with me but might be helpful to know for other people.

Where I get into troubles is when defining the data processor class.
For demonstration purposes I just create an empty class for now. But I
have the same errors when I copy and paste your processor from the
documentation.

class processor : public signals::filter<processor, void (double)> {};

Here is what my compiles outputs:

1>c:\boost\boost\type_traits\function_traits.hpp(170) : error C2504:
'boost::detail::function_traits_helper<Function>' : base class
undefined
1> with
1> [
1> Function=processor *
1> ]
1> c:\boost\boost\dataflow\signals\component\filter.hpp(55) :
see reference to class template instantiation
'boost::function_traits<Function>' being compiled
1> with
1> [
1> Function=processor
1> ]
1>c:\boost\boost\dataflow\signals\component\filter.hpp(55) : error
C2039: 'result_type' : is not a member of
'boost::function_traits<Function>'
1> with
1> [
1> Function=processor
1> ]
1>c:\boost\boost\dataflow\signals\component\filter.hpp(55) : error
C2146: syntax error : missing ',' before identifier 'result_type'
1>c:\boost\boost\dataflow\signals\component\filter.hpp(55) : error
C2065: 'result_type' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\code samples\boost\dataflow\first\first.cpp(11) : error C3203:
'last_value' : unspecialized class template can't be used as a
template argument for template parameter 'Combiner', expected a real
type
1>c:\code samples\boost\dataflow\first\first.cpp(12) : error C2504:
'boost::signals::filter<Signature,OutSignal>' : base class undefined
1> with
1> [
1> Signature=processor,
1> OutSignal=void (double)
1> ]

This time I'm using MSVC 8 with the updated boost trunk.

BTW, why to have your own boost/functional lib? Are you overriding or
extending it?

Regards,
Christian