From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-12 06:04:01

Dear Gennadiy,

Gennadiy Rozental writes:
> > I have a globally defined
> > "BOOST_TEST_INCLUDED" (in the same way that "NDEBUG" is globally
> > defined) instead of the local "#define BOOST_AUTO_TEST_MAIN", but
this
> > may also be related to boost 1.34.1.
>

> You are doing something fidhy here. This is internal Boost.Test macro
> and users are not expected to define it.

When I upgraded from boost 1.33.0 to boost 1.34.1, I got link errors on
Windows. I tried it with the documentation from

http://www.boost.org/libs/test/doc/components/utf/compilation.html

and with your recent suggestions, but I haven't found another way to
remove the linking errors than to globally define "BOOST_TEST_INCLUDED"
(or link against boost_unit_test_framework-XXX.dll, but I prefered using
"included" option). Maybe I haven't tried hard enough, but I have also
other things to do than try to exactly follow an incomplete
documentation.

I admit that with boost 1.33.0, simply following the documentation
worked just fine, so Markus Duft is probably not forced to use my
"fidhy" solution.

> New docs here:
>
> parmedia.net/~rogeeff/html/index.html
>
> explain how each variant works.

I tried the link, but it doesn't work for me.

Regards,
Thomas