From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-12 21:48:29

on Mon Feb 25 2008, "Robert Dailey" <rcdailey-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently using MSVC 9 with Boost 1.34.1. When I create a boost module
> using BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE(), I notice that my application is generating a
> .lib and .exp files

I suppose you mean MSVC or Visual Studio is generating .lib and .exp
files?

> when my application is a .exe (I'm embedding python, not
> extending into a library). I have no need for my application to generate a
> .lib file, is there a way I can disable the generation of this library
> file?

I can't picture what you're describing. However, I suggest strongly
that you

     a) Follow the build advice in the Boost.Python documentation

     b) Post Boost.Python-related questions in its specific mailing
     list:

        http://boost.org/more/mailing_lists.htm#cplussig

Good luck,

--