From: Douglas Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-19 07:56:17

On Mar 18, 2008, at 10:02 PM, Beman Dawes wrote:

> I've fixed dozens of the most obvious broken links in Boost.Test
> documentation, both trunk and release branch. There are still 20 or so
> broken links left.
>
> I find it pretty irritating when the release manager and other
> volunteers have to fix a library's broken links. This is something
> that
> maintainers should check periodically, and fix themselves.

The release manager should *not* have to do such things. But, that's
exactly the kind of thing that tends to take much of the release
manager's time :(

> The Boost "inspect" tool can be run in any directory to find broken
> links and other problems in that directory and its sub-directories.
> That
> makes it easy to check potential fixes without waiting for the full
> inspection report to cycle.

Here's a great little project for someone with a little free time:
integrate the "inspect" tool into the regression-testing
infrastructure, so that any problems found by the inspect program
show up as regressions against the library. Each library would have
an implicit "inspect" test inspecting that library's sources,
documentation, etc.

        - Doug