From: Arash Partow (arash_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-27 09:29:18

Joel de Guzman wrote:
> That's besides the point. The point is that you should be able
> to use different models of the point concept interchangeably
> much like STL algorithms can work on different container types.
I understand what the original poster was trying to convey, and your opinion is valid,
but they both need much more clarification than saying things should be interchangeable.

> I think you are missing my point. I could very well rename
> "distance" to "foo" and my point still holds.

If we are talking high level abstraction principles in s/w design then this
thread may never end :>

Regards,

Arash Partow
Be one who knows what they don't know,
Instead of being one who knows not what they don't know,
Thinking they know everything about all things.
http://www.partow.net