From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-30 15:14:20

Darren Garvey wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Some of you may remember the CGI library that was being worked on for last
> year's GSoC.
> [...]
> Any and all comments/suggestions/criticisms are welcome.

Identifiers with only capitals are usually reserved for macros.
Therefore GET/POST/whatever aren't such good names, IMO.

The documentation doesn't say much but how to write examples that don't
do anything HTTP-related.
I have only read it quickly, so I may be wrong on my assumptions.

 From the examples, it seems you have to manually write the HTTP headers
and that nothing is buffered.
Not quite what I'd expect.

I think output should be buffered up to a certain size. If everything
fills in the buffer, use Content-Length. Otherwise, use chunked-encoding.
Pluggable gzip or deflate encoding should be available, too.

A mechanism to generate some hash depending on the whole output can be
interesting, because you can use it as an etag and recognize it with
if-none-match, thus allowing easy bandwidth saving.

By the way, I couldn't find a way to read the headers provided by the
request. Is it part of the input data?