From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-31 15:43:23

Jared McIntyre wrote:
> Lars Viklund <zao <at> acc.umu.se> writes:

>>> You need to pass --build-type=complete like:
>>>
>> The build-type option has been in the trunk for a long while but wasn't
>> merged to the 1.35.0 release candidates until the last one of them. By
>> default, it's set to minimal which will only build dynamic release
>> libraries. If set to complete, it will build everything like it used to.
>>

> This is probably important to clarify in the Getting Started documentation.
> This is especially true because the headers still include the libboost*
> version by default in Visual Studio builds, and debug versions of those
> if you are building debug. None of these are built if you follow the
> steps in the Getting Started document. So, by default, following that
> doc won't get you a usable setup.+

I suggested a while back on the Boost Build NG that the default should
be all libraries built while other options to build a subset of the
libraries should be documented but it was rejected for the current way.
I knew that people would be confused by doing their build, as always,
and not seeing the libraries which had preciously always been built, not
generated.