From: Anthony Williams (anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-31 16:31:45

Roland Schwarz <roland.schwarz_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I have seen some attempts from library authors,
> e.g. boost/thread/win32/conditiona_variable.hpp
> to get rid of the annoying MSVC warnings.
>
> However this seems not to work (at least on my machine).

It works here, that's why I put it in.

> There seems to be some unintended interdependence
> with _SCL_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. I was not able to find
> out what exactly is causing the warnings not go away.
>
> Hoever, compiling with
> _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE and
> _SCL_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE
>
> quiets the build.

Yes, that works too, but it's a build option.

> Couldn't this issue be handled by the boost config headers?

That would seem better than handling it on a case-by-case basis, but it might
change things for user code too (i.e. any code included *after* the boost
headers).

> Is this something wrong with my setup only, or do others
> experience the same problem?

There must be something different with our setups.

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams            | Just Software Solutions Ltd
Custom Software Development | http://www.justsoftwaresolutions.co.uk