From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-31 21:34:40

Dave,

Unless I hear otherwise, I'll resolve the technical issues with Proto
you raised as follows:

1) The aliasing issue (proto::_left as a typedef for
proto::transform::left) will be resolved by eliminating the "transform"
namespace and everything in it.

2) The "functional" namespace will be renamed "functor".

3) "visitor" will be renamed "data"

4) I don't intend to rename the "call" transform or the "function"
tag/metafunction. (If I renamed "call" to "apply" like I suggested, then
I should also rename "is_callable" to "is_applicable" or some such,
which is awful, IMO.)

5) You can override an expression's domain with
"proto::as_expr<Domain>(expr)". This gives a way to mix expressions from
different domains in the same expression.

If you object to any of these resolutions, holler.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting