From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-03 16:37:06

shunsuke wrote:
> Eric Niebler wrote:
>> That doesn't appear to be the case here, does it? Have you benchmarked
>> compile times?
>
> Not yet.
> Anyway I probably find the best way.
> I'm making return_of be the main interface.
> result_of will be demoted to a customization point.

I confess I haven't followed this discussion closely or had time yet to
review Egg, but this doesn't sound right to me. result_of shouldn't be a
customization point. It uses a well-known (and now standard) protocol.
And I don't know what return_of is for, but at best it's too easily
confused with result_of and at worst is needless interface duplication.
Can you explain what's going on here?

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting