From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-19 20:22:16

Hi there, there are new tiff image formats readable now. Basically,
the new io lib supports up to 4 channels with 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12,
14, 16, 24, 32, 64 bits depths. Right now a multi-channel image only
supports the same channel depth for all channels. For instance for a
rgb10_image_t all channels are 10 bits deep.

I would really like to support multi-depths channels but unfortunately
there would be too many template instantiations. I would like to ask
the boost experts to have a look at my lib and to give some advise on
how to deal with it.

Also, is there someone that can compile my code on a Linux machine? I
don't have access to it and would like to know if all is kosher.

Thanks,
Christian